Re: [tcpm] [tsvwg] L4S status tracking

"Scharf, Michael" <Michael.Scharf@hs-esslingen.de> Fri, 08 November 2019 18:41 UTC

From: "Scharf, Michael" <Michael.Scharf@hs-esslingen.de>
To: Ingemar Johansson S <ingemar.s.johansson@ericsson.com>, Sebastian Moeller <moeller0@gmx.de>, Ingemar Johansson S <ingemar.s.johansson=40ericsson.com@dmarc.ietf.org>, "4bone@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net" <4bone@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
CC: "tcpm@ietf.org" <tcpm@ietf.org>, "tsvwg@ietf.org" <tsvwg@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2019 18:41:02 +0000
x-originating-ip: [134.108.63.11]
Subject: Re: [tcpm] [tsvwg] L4S status tracking

Hi Ingemar,

A question for clarification, given that the term "classic" is used for different aspects in L4S:

Does your preference include the terms 'Classic' TCP and 'Classic' congestion control, specifically when referring to a state-of-the-art TCP stack as currently shipped by major operating systems?

If so, can you provide references for use of the terms 'Classic' TCP and 'Classic' congestion control for what is currently widely deployed in the Internet?

Thanks

Michael