[tcpm] tcp-ao-crypto-03, IANA registry location question

Gregory Lebovitz <gregory.ietf@gmail.com> Wed, 24 March 2010 17:49 UTC

Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 10:49:51 -0700
From: Gregory Lebovitz <gregory.ietf@gmail.com>
To: tcpm-chairs@tools.ietf.org, Lars Eggert <lars.eggert@nokia.com>, michelle.cotton@icann.org
Cc: ekr@rtfm.com, tcpm@ietf.org, iana@iana.org
Subject: [tcpm] tcp-ao-crypto-03, IANA registry location question

Draft-03 has now published addressing all issues.

Michelle (IANA team) had a good question:

Should the registry for this, "Cryptographic Algorithms for TCP-AO", be
stand alone or should it sit under the current "tcp-parameters"
registration? FYI, the other things in that "tcp-parameters" registry today
are only two:
  TCP Option Kind Numbers, and
  TCP Alternate Checksum Numbers

The specific question IANA will need answered:
Do we want to
(1) add "Cryptographic Algorithms for TCP-AO"  as a "tcp-parameter" registry
or
(2) Create "Cryptographic Algorithims for TCP-AO" as a stand-alone registry

Magnus happened to walk by while I was at IANA table with Michelle, and we
both thought (1) above was best. Chairs? Lars?

Michelle advises that IESG can clear the document, and we can address this
in Auth48.

Gregory

--
----