Re: [tcpm] WGLC: draft-ietf-tcpm-urgent-data-02.txt

David Borman <dab@weston.borman.com> Tue, 02 March 2010 21:03 UTC

From: David Borman <dab@weston.borman.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 15:03:07 -0600
To: "tcpm@ietf.org WG" <tcpm@ietf.org>
Cc: tcpm-chairs@tools.ietf.org, ayourtch@cisco.com, Fernando Gont <fernando@gont.com.ar>
Subject: Re: [tcpm] WGLC: draft-ietf-tcpm-urgent-data-02.txt

WG chair hat on:
----------------
We are well past the end of the WGLC for this document.  On February 19, a new draft:
	draft-ietf-tcpm-urgent-data-03.txt
was posted.  I have reviewed the differences between the -02 and -03 versions, and it appears to me that all of the issues that were raised against the -02 version have been addressed in the -03 version.  There have been no additional comments on the mailing list since the -03 version was made available.

Therefore, we will be sending this document to the IESG in the next day or two, so if you have any additional issues with the -03 draft, you should speak up immediately.

			-David Borman, TCPM co-chair

WG chair hat off:
I just realized that:
1) The document should have at the top:
	Updates: RFCs 793, 1011, 1122
2) The "1. Introduction" section should say that it updates all 3 RFCs, not just RFC 1122.
3) The Normative References should include RFC 1011.
4) The "4. Updating RFC 1122" section should also mention all 3 RFCs, not just RFC 1122

The other RFCs that talk about the urgent pointer, 924, 944, 961 and 991, are all obsoleted by RFC 1011, hence only RFC 1011 needs to be mentioned.

			-David Borman