Re: [tcpm] Feedback request on draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-security

"Eddy, Wesley M. (GRC-MS00)[ASRC AEROSPACE CORP]" <wesley.m.eddy@nasa.gov> Tue, 02 March 2010 01:28 UTC

From: "Eddy, Wesley M. (GRC-MS00)[ASRC AEROSPACE CORP]" <wesley.m.eddy@nasa.gov>
To: "ah@TR-Sys.de" <ah@TR-Sys.de>, "tcpm@ietf.org" <tcpm@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 19:28:14 -0600
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [tcpm] Feedback request on draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-security

Hi Alfred, I think you misunderstand.  I'm simply correcting a sentence which makes it seem mysterious that the IETF hasn't taken many of the security patches that have been developed and codified them into RFCs.  I gave a clear explanation for this, and since a great deal of the patches in question predate the formation of TCPM and have never been brought to TCPM or any other WG, the rest of your message which is about that particular WG doesn't seem to be in the right context.  I was only talking about one sentence and the couple of decades of TCP evolution that the particular sentence is fuzzy on.  Does that make sense?