Re: [tcpm] Discussion -- Pause/Resume mechanism on TCP ?

Xiangsong Cui <Xiangsong.Cui@huawei.com> Wed, 21 April 2010 02:00 UTC

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 10:00:05 +0800
From: Xiangsong Cui <Xiangsong.Cui@huawei.com>
To: "Scheffenegger, Richard" <rs@netapp.com>, tcpm@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [tcpm] Discussion -- Pause/Resume mechanism on TCP ?

Hi Richard,

Thank you very much for your detailed explanation!

I found PILC, a concluded working group, ever studied on this area, and outputted many documents, but it seems that the RFCs are not
used widely. maybe one reason is that the mechanism destroys the end-to-end principle of internet? I am wondering at this fact.
Could you please tell me more information?

Another issue I am concerning is the buffer in the middle box. If there is a TCP proxy in the border and it splits the TCP
connection into two parts, it has to buffer the TCP traffic? I am not sure about the influence.

Regards, Xiangsong