WORKSHOP ANNOUNCEMENT: Internets in Emerging Mixed Environments

Eric Travis <etravis@erols.net> Wed, 01 July 1998 18:57 UTC

Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 14:57:37 -0400
From: Eric Travis <etravis@erols.net>
To: tcp-over-satellite@achtung.sp.trw.com, tcppep@lerc.nasa.gov, end2end-interest@ISI.EDU, tcp-impl@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
CC: e.j.travis@ieee.org
Subject: WORKSHOP ANNOUNCEMENT: Internets in Emerging Mixed Environments
Sender: owner-tcppep@lerc.nasa.gov

I apologize in advance for those who will receive this message 2 or more
times due to the overlaps in the subscribers to the mailing lists.

The following is a follow-up to the workshop pre-announcement we made
about 2 weeks ago; We've gotten the response necessary, so the workshop
is a go... If you responded to the pre-announcement (thanks!) you will
soon be contacted directly.

                        WORKSHOP ANNOUNCEMENT

                 Internets in Emerging Mixed Environments

                - a workshop to be held August 5 and 6th -

The JPL NASA Space Mission Operations Standardization Program is hosting a
workshop on the means, methods and potential barriers to providing efficient
and effective reliable data transport services within increasingly
heterogeneous networking environments.

The workshop will be conducted in an interactive and informal manner - the
first day will consist of invited presentations and short position papers
(each followed by brief discussion periods) from representatives of various
communities of interest (technological, environmental and user) to provide an
community wide overview of the issues, challenges and potential solutions
regarding the use internet technologies in increasingly diverse environments.
The second day will be sleeves-rolled-up working session to discuss and
identify how and where common problems may be solved in the future.

Government (NASA, and DOD), academic and commercial research related to
operations in emerging, heterogeneous environments will be discussed, as will
opportunities for technology transfer, collaborative research and development
and future experiments in extending the Internet.

Please see http://pdcmoon.jpl.nasa.gov/~sbirgel/mew/  for further
information and registration.

Included in the web site is information about the workshop, where to stay,
how to register, and a strawman agenda.  Over the course of the next couple
of weeks, we will be updating the agenda as we confirm speakers, times,
etc.

Just to be clear on some administrivia: you will need to make your own travel
plans/hotel reservations.

Please complete the registration form and submit it as soon as possible.
Follow up with a hard copy of the registration form enclosing your check as
per the instructions outlined.  We must have all responses by July 22nd.

We believe the instructions are self explanatory, however, if you have any
questions, please contact Michele Johnson at (818) 393-0536 or e-mail her
at Michele.A.Johnson@jpl.nasa.gov

We look forward to seeing you August 5th.