Re: [Teas] Advancing some documents

"King, Daniel" <d.king@lancaster.ac.uk> Wed, 15 June 2016 16:48 UTC

From: "King, Daniel" <d.king@lancaster.ac.uk>
To: TEAS WG <teas@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 16:48:36 +0000
x-originating-ip: [213.205.198.170]
x-iss-local-domain: 1
Subject: Re: [Teas] Advancing some documents

Hi All,

Just like to echo Cyril’s comments that the PCE-based control architecture is a really interesting topic and the authors have done great job of documenting recent discussions on and off the PCE list.

The current open source SDN controller platforms already implement some basic PCE architecture and PCEP extensions, but there is growing trend for more capability (TE automation, optimisation and resiliency) to be enabled using PCEP. Having this document that summarises architecture, applicability and capability - and possible gaps - is very useful. I would also like to see the document progress in the TEAS WG.

BR, Dan.