Re: [Teas] Poll on making draft-liu-teas-yang-te-topo-01 a WG document

Igor Bryskin <IBryskin@advaoptical.com> Wed, 22 April 2015 13:09 UTC

From: Igor Bryskin <IBryskin@advaoptical.com>
To: Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com>, 'Dieter Beller' <Dieter.Beller@alcatel-lucent.com>, 'Lou Berger' <lberger@labn.net>, 'TEAS WG' <teas@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 13:08:31 +0000
x-originating-ip: [172.16.5.49]
Subject: Re: [Teas] Poll on making draft-liu-teas-yang-te-topo-01 a WG document

Sue,

I think you are exactly right. The model supports arbitrary number of TE topologies. Some of them are bound  in hierarchies. There could be multiple independent hierarchies.
For example, topologies cooked by provider on per- client or VPN is an example of independent topologies. Topology overlay/underlay relationships form topology hierarchies. For example, a topology cooked for a particular client (overlay) is supported by provider native topology (underlay), and this is an example of a hierarchy.

Cheers,
Igor