Re: [Teas] Some comments on draft-ali-teas-spring-ns-building-blocks

"Dongjie (Jimmy)" <jie.dong@huawei.com> Tue, 03 August 2021 13:05 UTC

From: "Dongjie (Jimmy)" <jie.dong@huawei.com>
To: "peng.shaofu@zte.com.cn" <peng.shaofu@zte.com.cn>, Huzhibo <huzhibo@huawei.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2021 13:05:00 +0000
Subject: Re: [Teas] Some comments on draft-ali-teas-spring-ns-building-blocks

[Jie] The key difference is that AII reinvents the wheel by defining a new topology identifier, while VTN refers to the well-defined MT or Flex-Algo for its topology attribute. This is why VTN allows the decoupling of topology and resource attributes to provide better scalability, while AII has limitation in the supported network scale.

> As mentioned in the previous email, the agreement is to find a common new
> term for network slice realization.
> [PSF] Agree, alignment with some new term, but not VTN according to
> Dongjie's original mail.

[Jie] Apparently you didn't read my mail carefully. Here is what I suggested in my email:

> 1. As discussed on the TEAS meeting, the terminologies in several drafts
> related to network slicing realization will be aligned, thus it is suggested the
> terminology in this document also aligns with the "new term"  to be
> proposed.

-Jie