Re: [Teas] nominal and current LSPs for revertive restoration

"Aihuaguo (Aihua Guo, CRC)" <aihuaguo@huawei.com> Wed, 14 November 2018 17:01 UTC

From: "Aihuaguo (Aihua Guo, CRC)" <aihuaguo@huawei.com>
To: "draft-ietf-teas-yang-te@ietf.org" <draft-ietf-teas-yang-te@ietf.org>, "teas@ietf.org" <teas@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2018 17:01:15 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.47.138.140]
Subject: Re: [Teas] nominal and current LSPs for revertive restoration

Hi Authors,

In previous discussions we (Igor and I) raised the need to identify and record both nominal and current restoration LSPs for TE tunnels, such as transport tunnels that support revertive operation mode. The latest TE tunnel model does not seem to support that.

Can I propose to update the definition of lsp-protection-role in TE tunnel model with the following example, with the changes highlighted as yellow?

Thanks for the consideration.

Aihua

    leaf lsp-protection-role {
      type enumeration {
        enum working-nominal {
          description
            "A working LSP must be a primary LSP whilst a protecting
             LSP can be either a primary or a secondary LSP. Also,
             known as protected LSPs when working LSPs are associated
             with protecting LSPs. This role denotes the nominal working
LSP.";
        }
        enum protecting-nominal {
          description
            "A secondary LSP is an LSP that has been provisioned
             in the control plane only; e.g. resource allocation
             has not been committed at the data plane. This role
denotes the nominal protection LSP.";
        }
        enum working-current {
description
" A working LSP must be a primary LSP whilst a protecting
LSP can be either a primary or a secondary LSP. Also,
known as protected LSPs when working LSPs are associated
with protecting LSPs. This role denotes the current working
LSP.";
}
enum protecting-current {
description
"A secondary LSP is an LSP that has been provisioned
in the control plane only; e.g. resource allocation
has not been committed at the data plane. This role
denotes the current protection LSP.";
}
      }
      description "LSP role type";