[Teas] 答复: Questions on IP RSVP-TE: Extensions to RSVP for P2P IP-TE LSP Tunnels

"Aijun Wang" <wangaijun@tsinghua.org.cn> Mon, 29 July 2019 03:19 UTC

From: Aijun Wang <wangaijun@tsinghua.org.cn>
To: 'Vishnu Pavan Beeram' <vishnupavan@gmail.com>, tsaad@juniper.net, 'Tarek Saad' <tsaad.net@gmail.com>
Cc: 'TEAS WG' <teas@ietf.org>, 'Vishnu Pavan Beeram' <vbeeram@juniper.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2019 11:19:41 +0800
Subject: [Teas] 答复: Questions on IP RSVP-TE: Extensions to RSVP for P2P IP-TE LSP Tunnels

Hi, Vishnu and Tarek:

I think you should add these explanation in some section such as  “deployment consideration” to convince the persons about the extensibility of RSVP-TE.

One other question, also raised by other person during the IETF 105 presentation, how you consider to accomplish the loose path function in Native IP environment?

We are seeking some solutions for TE in native IP network.

Currently, we consider using PCE to assist us to accomplish this task (as that described in https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-teas-pce-native-ip-03).  The merit of this solution is that it can control the underlay network flexibly(strict path or loose path) and also exploit the advantage of traditional IGP/BGP protocol.  One need not worry about the extensibility of these protocols.

Best Regards.

Aijun Wang

Network R&D and Operation Support Department

China Telecom Corporation Limited Beijing Research Institute,Beijing, China.