[Teas] Kathleen Moriarty's No Objection on draft-ietf-teas-rsvp-ingress-protection-16: (with COMMENT)

Kathleen Moriarty <Kathleen.Moriarty.ietf@gmail.com> Wed, 07 March 2018 19:36 UTC

From: Kathleen Moriarty <Kathleen.Moriarty.ietf@gmail.com>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-teas-rsvp-ingress-protection@ietf.org, Vishnu Beeram <vishnupavan@gmail.com>, Vishnu Beeram <vbeeram@juniper.net>, teas-chairs@ietf.org, vishnupavan@gmail.com, teas@ietf.org
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2018 11:36:40 -0800
Subject: [Teas] Kathleen Moriarty's No Objection on draft-ietf-teas-rsvp-ingress-protection-16: (with COMMENT)

Kathleen Moriarty has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-teas-rsvp-ingress-protection-16: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-rsvp-ingress-protection/

COMMENT:

I agree with the SecDir reviewer that the referenced security considerations
are adequate, but it would be helpful to restate what's available in this
draft.  One does not expect an RFC from 1997 to cover integrity protections
(hop-by-hop) and authentication, so stating that these mechanisms are part of
the protocol would be helpful.  I did not dig into to see what was used for
those functions or if they are adequate today (if they have not been updated,
they are likely due).  Additionally, 2 of the other referenced RFCs had the
additional use of filters, does that apply here?  Can you add a couple
sentences about that as well?  I assume they do apply, otherwise the references
would not be included.

Thank you!