[Teas] 答复: Update and Request to Adopt draft-dong-teas-enhanced-vpn

"Aijun Wang" <wangaijun@tsinghua.org.cn> Tue, 23 October 2018 04:22 UTC

From: Aijun Wang <wangaijun@tsinghua.org.cn>
To: "'Dongjie (Jimmy)'" <jie.dong@huawei.com>, 'TEAS WG' <teas@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 12:21:49 +0800
Subject: [Teas] 答复: Update and Request to Adopt draft-dong-teas-enhanced-vpn

Hi, Jie:

I have just read through briefly the related drafts that you mentioned, and have the following comments, please whether they are appropriate or not.

I think this draft is useful. It analyzes the requirements of VPN+ and the insufficient of the current related technologies. The key points may be that the physical resources allocation and its integration with the SR technologies.
As described within the draft, such solution is needed to meet the emerge critical services in 5G era.

>From my understandings, the extension to the IGP protocol is necessary, as described in the draft (https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dong-lsr-sr-enhanced-vpn-00), but the most challenge works to fulfill the requirements mentioned in https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dong-teas-enhanced-vpn-02 is how to integrate the candidate technologies/solutions seamlessly. For example, ACTN provides the architecture for coordination between the controller in different layer/domain and the communication models among them, SR provides the flexibility to program the packet path on demand and the FlexE/Dedicated Queues etc provides the assured delivery service in each segment/node.

Then, is it better to combine the draft  https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dong-teas-enhanced-vpn-02 with draft https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dong-spring-sr-for-enhanced-vpn-01 to focus on the above aim?
And, draft https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lee-rtgwg-actn-applicability-enhanced-vpn-03 analyses the gap between ACTN and the requirements of VPN+, can it also be integrated together?

After doing the above work, the structure of the draft may be the followings:
1.  Overview of the Requirements(as that in current draft)
2.  Candidate Solutions(not technology) (as that in current draft, but simplified)
3.  Gap with the ACTN architecture.(as that in draft from Lee/Daniel)
4.  Proposed VPN+ framework and solution(as that in current draft, but more pertinences to the integration descriptions as that in https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dong-spring-sr-for-enhanced-vpn-01 )
5.  Proposed protocol extension(individual draft, as that in https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dong-lsr-sr-enhanced-vpn-00)

We can also seek the responses from the experts after your introduction on the coming TEAS meeting, or the feedbacks on this thread.

Best Regards.

Aijun Wang
Network R&D and Operation Support Department
China Telecom Corporation Limited Beijing Research Institute,Beijing, China.