Re: [Teas] Benjamin Kaduk's Discuss on draft-ietf-teas-native-ip-scenarios-09: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

Aijun Wang <wangaijun@tsinghua.org.cn> Thu, 03 October 2019 09:43 UTC

From: Aijun Wang <wangaijun@tsinghua.org.cn>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2019 17:43:03 +0800
Cc: Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@mit.edu>, draft-ietf-teas-native-ip-scenarios@ietf.org, Lou Berger <lberger@labn.net>, teas-chairs@ietf.org, The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>, teas@ietf.org
To: Robert Raszuk <robert@raszuk.net>
Subject: Re: [Teas] Benjamin Kaduk's Discuss on draft-ietf-teas-native-ip-scenarios-09: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

Hi, Robert:

Thanks for your comments.
With the pervasive deployment of overlay technologies within the network, the necessity of IP TE solutions will be more attractive than the traditional MPLS TE solutions.
Current draft illustrates the intra-domain and inter-domain TE scenarios. The solutions that can meet these scenarios/requirements  in one unique approach will be more easily deployed in the network.

The PCE is just the representative of SDN controller. We can mitigate the descriptions of it. But without the help of SDN controller and the global view of underlying network, it is almost impossible to achieve the E2E QoS assurance and improve the network efficiency.

Would you like to provide some text for what you want to solve but not covered by this document?

Thanks in advance.

Aijun Wang
China Telecom