Re: [Teas] Moving forward with draft-ietf-teas-ietf-network-slices

Loa Andersson <loa@pi.nu> Thu, 06 May 2021 07:31 UTC

To: adrian@olddog.co.uk, mohamed.boucadair@orange.com, teas@ietf.org
From: Loa Andersson <loa@pi.nu>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2021 09:31:19 +0200
Subject: Re: [Teas] Moving forward with draft-ietf-teas-ietf-network-slices

Adrian,

That is acceptable.

As you said it is late in the document, and really not in a definitions
section. I don't know if we can we place something in Section "2.  Terms
and Abbreviations", but there seems to be only abbreviations.

Your wholesale example:

I think you forget about wholesale. What do you call the school that
buys food at the shop to provide to the children? Do you call the school
the customer, or do you refer to the cook who buys the food as the
customer? The contract is with the school, negotiated by the cook,
signed by the bursar.

I think "the school! is the customer, which is OK in this context. The
cook and the school kids could be viewed as consumers", one removed from
the system.

It strikes me that "Customer System" and "IETF Slice" are somewhat
similar, the risk is that we talk about "customer" (even if we change
it), and "slice" (even though if is really "IETF Slice)",

Having said that, though it is not my task to call consensus, I think we
have a enough support to use "customer".

I rest my case.

/Loa