[Teas] 答复: Last Call: <draft-ietf-teas-native-ip-scenarios-08.txt> (Scenarios and Simulation Results of PCE in Native IP Network) to Informational RFC

"Aijun Wang" <wangaijun@tsinghua.org.cn> Sat, 28 September 2019 02:39 UTC

From: Aijun Wang <wangaijun@tsinghua.org.cn>
To: 'S Moonesamy' <sm+ietf@elandsys.com>, teas@ietf.org
Cc: teas-chairs@ietf.org
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2019 10:39:25 +0800
Subject: [Teas] 答复: Last Call: <draft-ietf-teas-native-ip-scenarios-08.txt> (Scenarios and Simulation Results of PCE in Native IP Network) to Informational RFC

Hi, S Moonesamy:

Thanks for your review and comments.
The aim of this draft is to illustrate the scenarios that applicability and
requirements for the TE in Native IP network. It is the base document for
the other two WG drafts:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-pce-native-ip/ (Solution
document)
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-extension-native-ip
(PCEP extension document)

As you can see from the recent discussion within the maillist, the TE work
in native IP network becomes more aware and necessary, because most of
Internet traffic are based on the native IP forwarding.
We have done such research works within the recent years, based on the
realization that current existing solutions can't meet our requirements in
real network deployment.

Section 4(CCDR Simulation) just wants to convince the reader that we have
implemented the algorithm to find the optimal path for E2E QoS assurance and
the network congestion elimination. The detailed algorithm is described in
another paper(https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8657733 " A Practical
Traffic Control Scheme With Load Balancing Based on PCE Architecture ") that
I will refer to it in upcoming update version.

The charter of the TEAS WG (https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/teas/about/) has
stated clearly the followings:
"The Traffic Engineering Architecture and Signaling (TEAS) Working Group is
responsible for defining IP, MPLS and GMPLS traffic engineering architecture
and identifying required related control-protocol functions, i.e., routing
and path computation element functions. The TEAS group is also responsible
for standardizing RSVP-TE signaling protocol mechanisms that are not related
to a specific switching technology."

The current scenario
draft(https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-native-ip-scenarios/)
is discussing mainly for the IP traffic engineering.

And it also says the followings:
"The TEAS WG is responsible for:
a) Traffic-engineering architectures for generic applicability across packet
and non-packet networks. This includes, for example, networks that perform
centralized computation and control, distributed computation and control, or
even a hybrid approach."

The above mentioned solution
draft(https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-pce-native-ip/)
belong to the category of "hybrid approach"

Will the above explanation answer your concern? I will update the revised
draft in recent days, together to reflect the comments from other reviewers.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards.

Aijun Wang
China Telecom