[Teas] 答复: Proposed charter update

"Dongjie (Jimmy)" <jie.dong@huawei.com> Fri, 26 October 2018 15:20 UTC

From: "Dongjie (Jimmy)" <jie.dong@huawei.com>
To: Lou Berger <lberger@labn.net>, Vishnu Pavan Beeram <vishnupavan@gmail.com>, TEAS WG <teas@ietf.org>, TEAS WG Chairs <teas-chairs@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2018 15:20:19 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.45.189.24]
Subject: [Teas] 答复: Proposed charter update

Hi Lou,

Thanks for the update of the charter.

In the charter the definition of TE is: "Traffic Engineering (TE) is the term used to refer to techniques that enable operators to control how specific traffic flows are treated within their networks "

One questions I'd like to ask is what is the relationship between TE and QoS? RSVP-TE was defined for both explicit path control and bandwidth reservation, in which the bandwidth reservation mechanism follows the Int-Serv QoS mode. Although currently DiffServ is widely used due to its simplicity and scalability, it is not clear whether Diff-Serv is good enough for the emerging or future applications. Thus I'd like to know whether future work about resource reservation and possible extensions related to Int-Serv/Diff-Serv QoS modes will be in the scope of TEAS charter?

Best regards,
Jie