Re: [Teas] I-D Action: draft-ietf-teas-yang-path-computation-03.txt

Olivier Dugeon <olivier.dugeon@orange.com> Wed, 24 October 2018 14:45 UTC

To: <teas@ietf.org>, <internet-drafts@ietf.org>, <i-d-announce@ietf.org>
From: Olivier Dugeon <olivier.dugeon@orange.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2018 16:45:39 +0200
Subject: Re: [Teas] I-D Action: draft-ietf-teas-yang-path-computation-03.txt

Dear authors,

Regarding the different use cases expose in your draft, I'm wondering if you have take into account distributed path computation as per RFC5441 ? In particular, when several Network Controller are involved (figures 1, 4 and 5), you add  respectively a Packet/Optical Coordinator, a Multi-Domain Controller and a Cloud Network Orchestrator. However, when the different networks are own by different operators, or business unit within the same operator, it is not always feasible to add this centralized controller. In this case, TE information must be exchange directly between lower controller e.g. between TE Domain Controller, DC Controller and TE Network Controller, Packet and Optical Network Controller.

So, I would understand if the yang model described in your draft allows such direct exchange or if it must be modified to take into such scenario ?

Regards

Olivier