[Teas] 答复: WG adoption poll - draft-zheng-teas-gmpls-controller-inter-work

"Aijun Wang" <wangaijun@tsinghua.org.cn> Tue, 28 May 2019 03:43 UTC

From: "Aijun Wang" <wangaijun@tsinghua.org.cn>
To: "'Vishnu Pavan Beeram'" <vishnupavan@gmail.com>, "'TEAS WG'" <teas@ietf.org>
Cc: "'TEAS WG Chairs'" <teas-chairs@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2019 11:43:22 +0800
Subject: [Teas] =?utf-8?b?562U5aSNOiAgV0cgYWRvcHRpb24gcG9sbCAtIGRyYWZ0?= =?utf-8?q?-zheng-teas-gmpls-controller-inter-work?=

Hi, All:

Support its adoption.

I think this document gives the overall structural  information for the necessary/benefits/components of central control within traditional GMPLS network.

We have the similar idea to proposal for the Native IP network:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-native-ip-scenarios/

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-pce-native-ip/

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-extension-native-ip/

Based on these proposals, we think that it is possible in future to let the IP and transport converge to provide customers the seamless services and utilize the underlay resources more efficiently.

One proposal for this draft is that about the topology retrieval methods:

Draft https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dhodylee-pce-pcep-ls/  has proposed to achieve this goal via the PCEP protocol, which is similar with the BGP-LS。 I think gathering the topology via the TCP protocol(via BGP-LS/PCEP-LS) will be more flexible for the deployment of Controller.

I think the authors can include such approach in current polling draft for further discussion.

Best Regards.

Aijun Wang

Network R&D and Operation Support Department

China Telecom Corporation Limited Beijing Research Institute,Beijing, China.