Re: [Teas] Microwave Topology - Exporting tunnel as a link

Italo Busi <Italo.Busi@huawei.com> Tue, 10 December 2019 16:10 UTC

From: Italo Busi <Italo.Busi@huawei.com>
To: Stephen Cheng <Stephen.Cheng@Aviatnet.com>, ccamp <ccamp@ietf.org>
CC: "teas@ietf.org" <teas@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 16:10:31 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.203.246.192]
Subject: Re: [Teas] Microwave Topology - Exporting tunnel as a link

Hi Stephen,

We have discussed your technical concerns during the TEAS call last Friday and this is the suggestions we have got:

1)      How to model the scenario where a server-layer TE Link (e.g., a MW TE Link) is used by a client-layer non-TE Link (e.g., an IP Link)

The suggestion is to use the L3 TE Link (which augments the IP Link). The L3 TE link can point to the MW TE link.

2)      How to model the scenario where a server-layer TE Tunnel (e.g., an Optical TE Link) is used by a client-layer non-TE Link (e.g., an IP Link)

The TE tunnel has hierarchical TE Link (pointer). The Optical TE tunnel can point to the Packet TE link. The L3 TE link points to the same packet TE link.

3)      How to model Ethernet LAG using the TE Topology YANG model

This is possible but not fully described. We have agreed to provide some description in the TE Tutorial document:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-teas-te-topo-and-tunnel-modeling

An open issue has been added in github to track this action:

https://github.com/tsaad-dev/te/issues/61

Italo

Italo Busi
Principal Optical Transport Network Research Engineer
Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
Tel : +39 345 4721946
Email : italo.busi@huawei.com