Re: [TERNLI] Notes from tonight's ad hoc

"Spencer Dawkins" <spencer@mcsr-labs.org> Wed, 12 July 2006 14:45 UTC

From: Spencer Dawkins <spencer@mcsr-labs.org>
To: ternli@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [TERNLI] Notes from tonight's ad hoc
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 10:44:06 -0400

Did we end up with a list of lists? This one seemed helpful. Others I think
we talked about were

- list of WGs, BoFs, and BoF requests, with history,

- list of things that transports might care about,

- list of things they might do "if they knew",

- list of canonical land mines (security, host security considerations,
state in the network, complexity of mandatory mechanisms plus "hints" and
the interaction between mandatory mechanisms and hints, and transport
considerations for notifications, which I forgot to mention but was a big
deal in TRIGTRAN - not OK to send a million "link down"s in the reverse
direction with no congestion avoidance, etc.)

Were there others?

Who is holding the bag on action items?

(signed) Curious