Re: Draft CSNET Routing Topology

Daniel Long <long@SH.CS.NET> Mon, 09 April 1990 12:42 UTC

To: Scott Brim <swb@dainichi.tn.cornell.edu>
Cc: tewg@devvax.TN.CORNELL.EDU, hwb@merit.edu, crentech@bitnic.bitnet
Subject: Re: Draft CSNET Routing Topology
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 1990 08:33:39 -0400
From: Daniel Long <long@SH.CS.NET>

	From: Scott Brim <swb@dainichi.tn.cornell.edu>
	Date: Fri, 06 Apr 90 15:30:29 -0400

	Dan, thanks for the plan.  Thank goodness for IGRP processes.
Indeed!

	Are you using different AS#s on the different coasts?
Yes.  On the east coast, we're lumped in with JVNC's nets (AS #97).  On the
west coast, since we'll be able to peer with the NSS, we'll use a number of
our own (perhaps 10?).

	What's the plan assuming an NSS in Cambridge?  Are you still going to
	allow just 129.140 in from both sides and follow that for all external
	destinations?
Maybe.  Mostly depends on whether any of our member sites need to get all the
routes.  If we can avoid it, we will.

	Do you foresee connections to any other wideranging nets?
There's a connection between CSNET/NEARnet and the DDN Core (e.g. TWBNet) here
at BBN but until we learn what routes are optimally served by that network, we
basically won't be making use of it.

								Scott
Dan