[therightkey] First public DNSChain server went online yesterday!

Tao Effect <contact@taoeffect.com> Fri, 07 February 2014 19:16 UTC

From: Tao Effect <contact@taoeffect.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2014 13:16:16 -0600
To: Tao Effect Support <contact@taoeffect.com>
Cc: Leif Johansson <leifj@mnt.se>, "therightkey@ietf.org" <therightkey@ietf.org>, Rob Stradling <rob.stradling@comodo.com>, Phillip Hallam-Baker <hallam@gmail.com>
Subject: [therightkey] First public DNSChain server went online yesterday!

Formerly known as DNSNMC, working code was pushed to the GitHub repo at the end of January (as hoped for in the previous email), and yesterday the first public server went online!

Details here:

https://github.com/okTurtles/dnschain

A rely for querying the blockchain without changing your DNS settings is available at dns.dnschain.net. For example, if you'd like to know who "Greg" is, and what his GPG fingerprint is, just ask:

http://dns.dnschain.net/id/greg

Or, "what's the domain info stored in the blockchain for okturtles.bit"?

http://dns.dnschain.net/d/okturtles

If you change your DNS settings to a DNSChain server, you'll be able to use the ".dns" meta-TLD:

http://namecoin.dns/d/okturtles
http://namecoin.dns/id/greg

And you'll be able to access .bit TLDs:

http://okturtles.bit