Re: Review of thinosi cookbook

Allison J Mankin <mankin@cmf.nrl.navy.mil> Mon, 18 July 1994 07:01 UTC

To: P.Furniss@ulcc.ac.uk
Subject: Re: Review of thinosi cookbook
Cc: thinosi@ulcc.ac.uk, jstewart@CNRI.Reston.VA.US
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 1994 02:55:44 -0400
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Allison J Mankin <mankin@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>

Hi, Peter,

Thanks for your gentle note.  I have a deadline
from the IESG to give my recommendation on thinosi
during our Friday meeting in Toronto.  They gave
me an extension and expressed some confidence that
I would survive assassination attempts and make it
to that deadline.

I do understand that these delays in progress are
frustrating to hard-working chairs and editors.
We appreciate it when you just send us frequent
kind reminders.  Since there has been this extra
six months, can you give me a bit more detail about
the state of implementations and use of the proposal?
I was slightly aware of a thin-osi effort in the
U.S. Defense Messaging System arena -- are they now
among likely users?

As to likening this delay to an ISO timetable, well, do
remember we are all volunteers on this IESG staff :).

Thank you,

Allison / mankin@cs.wisc.edu
Transport Area Director