Re: [TICTOC] Secdir last call review of draft-ietf-tictoc-1588v2-yang-10

Jiangyuanlong <jiangyuanlong@huawei.com> Thu, 04 October 2018 09:15 UTC

From: Jiangyuanlong <jiangyuanlong@huawei.com>
To: Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@mit.edu>, Samuel Weiler <weiler@csail.mit.edu>
CC: "secdir@ietf.org" <secdir@ietf.org>, "draft-ietf-tictoc-1588v2-yang.all@ietf.org" <draft-ietf-tictoc-1588v2-yang.all@ietf.org>, "ietf@ietf.org" <ietf@ietf.org>, "tictoc@ietf.org" <tictoc@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2018 09:14:55 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.45.124.168]
Subject: Re: [TICTOC] Secdir last call review of draft-ietf-tictoc-1588v2-yang-10

Ben and Samuel,

Yes, the draft says:" The lowest NETCONF layer is the secure transport layer, and the
   mandatory-to-implement secure transport is Secure Shell (SSH)
   [RFC6242]. The lowest RESTCONF layer is HTTPS, and the mandatory-
   to-implement secure transport is TLS [RFC8446]." Thus authentication is a mandatory part of this layer.
BTW, the security considerations in this draft are fully in accordance with "Guidelines for Authors and Reviewers of YANG Data Model Documents" https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netmod-rfc6087bis-20#page-13 (which is now in RFC Editor Queue), and all future YANG docs developed in the IETF are requested to follow its guidelines).

Thanks,
Yuanlong