Re: [TICTOC] Enterprise Profile

John Fletcher <John.Fletcher@bbc.co.uk> Fri, 25 October 2013 10:01 UTC

From: John Fletcher <John.Fletcher@bbc.co.uk>
To: Douglas Arnold <doug.arnold@meinberg-usa.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 10:01:11 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.162.14.18]
Cc: "tictoc@ietf.org" <tictoc@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [TICTOC] Enterprise Profile

Doug,

I would be interested to know the circumstances when you see the maximum phase adjustment information being used.

Some comments:

In section 6, you say, "In all three of the delay measurement modes...".  At that point in the text you have not yet mentioned multicast, hybrid and unicast modes so it's not clear which modes you are referring to.

In section 9, you say, "Slaves SHOULD NOT Synchronize to a Rogue Master."  It's not clear how a slave would know that a master is rogue; presumably it would need to examine the announce messages of all masters and do its own BMCA evaluation.  A more realistic "rogue" master would probably meet the BMCA criteria for selection.

In section 12, "Alternative Time Scales" should be "Alternate Timescales".

Regards,
John Fletcher