Re: TIP - BEGIN message - is it useful ?

Tom Freund <tjfreund@uk.ibm.com> Fri, 08 August 1997 10:15 UTC

From: Tom Freund <tjfreund@uk.ibm.com>
To: p.furniss@ulcc.ac.uk
MMDF-Warning: Parse error in original version of preceding line at ietf.org
Cc: tip@tandem.com
MMDF-Warning: Parse error in original version of preceding line at ietf.org
Subject: Re: TIP - BEGIN message - is it useful ?
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 1997 09:45:35 +0000

Keith,

     Peter's attached justification for a client BEGIN is a very interesting
scenario. I'd be very
interested in understanding the details and how the different servers register
with the
initial 'server' TM using TIP. This seems to illustate what has been referred
to in some
products as coordinator migration (and also the equivalent of what an OTS
explicit factory
begin provides) in terms of capabilities ... i.e. allowing the client to
demarcate the work unit
but locate the coordinator responsibility external to the client.

Tom