Comment on TIP I-D Version 2

Klaus Heien <heien@informatik.unibw-muenchen.de> Mon, 22 September 1997 15:38 UTC

Sender: heien@informatik.unibw-muenchen.de
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 17:01:33 +0200
From: Klaus Heien <heien@informatik.unibw-muenchen.de>
To: Keith Evans <keith@loc252.tandem.com>
Cc: TIP <tip@tandem.com>
Subject: Comment on TIP I-D Version 2

Keith,

in our email of Feb. 26, 1997 we have argued against
the statement "If the connection fails ..."
which still can be found in the chapter 15 of the
Transaction Internet Protocol Version 2.

We maintain our position with all details of our
original argumentation. The point was brought up
again in the discussion in Munich in August.

Furthermore, we consider the statement "the sender
will not be involved in any transaction recovery
process" in the section explaining the meaning of
the COMMIT-message as misleading. There should be
at least a hint e.g. in a note that this statement
is definitely restricted to recovery steps according
to the TIP protocol. There certainly will be recovery
efforts outside of TIP.

Regards,

Ruediger, Klaus
~