Subject: [TLS] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-tls-ecdhe-mlkem-03: (with COMMENT)
From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
To: "The IESG" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2026 02:02:59 -0800
List-Id: "This is the mailing list for the Transport Layer Security working group of the IETF." <tls.ietf.org>

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-tls-ecdhe-mlkem-03: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/about/groups/iesg/statements/handling-ballot-positions/ 
for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-ecdhe-mlkem/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

# Éric Vyncke INT AD comments for draft-ietf-tls-ecdhe-mlkem-03
CC @evyncke

Thank you for the work put into this document.

Please find below some non-blocking COMMENT points/nits.

I hope that this review helps to improve the document,

Regards,

-éric

Note: this ballot comments follow the Markdown syntax of
https://github.com/mnot/ietf-comments/tree/main, i.e., they can be processed by
a tool to create github issues.

## COMMENTS (non-blocking)

### Section 2

Please add reference (at least expansion) for the FIPS and NIST acronyms (and
of course prefix them with US to avoid any ambiguity).

### Section 5

Who is the "we" in `For this reason we put the ML-KEM shared secret first` ?
The authors ? The WG ? The IETF ? Please avoid such ambiguities.

### Section 7

Please add a URI reference to the registry, e.g.,
https://www.iana.org/assignments/tls-parameters/tls-parameters.xhtml#tls-parameters-8