Subject: [TLS] Re: Clarification on the FATT Process
From: Muhammad Usama Sardar <[email-masked]>
To: Joseph Salowey <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2026 08:30:15 +0100
List-Id: "This is the mailing list for the Transport Layer Security working group of the IETF." <tls.ietf.org>

Dear Joe,

On 28.02.26 02:03, Joseph Salowey wrote:
> Unfortunately, the chairs did not announce this decision on the list 
> (this is something that should be corrected in the process)

Thank you for acknowledging that the decision was not announced on the 
list. I would like to understand what "corrected in the process" 
entails. Does it entail moving the document from WGLC to WG document? 
Could you please explain in full detail?

Before I go point by point on your email (in the light of history of 
FATT process, namely RFC8773bis), I want to ask one process-related thing:

Is the chairs' "determination whether the change proposed by the 
document requires review by the FATT" considered as final or is the WG 
allowed to put its 2 cents after the decision is finally revealed? Also 
please note that at least three other participants of the WG have 
requested FATT review during WGLC. So it seems that I am not the only 
one who would have put trust in FATT for a controversial matter and if 
chairs allow, I would like to discuss it further on the list.

Thank you for your kind consideration,

-Usama