Re: [TLS] SCSV vs RI when both specified. Was: Updated draft

"Blumenthal, Uri - 0662 - MITLL" <uri@ll.mit.edu> Tue, 22 December 2009 04:50 UTC

From: "Blumenthal, Uri - 0662 - MITLL" <uri@ll.mit.edu>
To: "'tls@ietf.org'" <tls@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 23:45:10 -0500
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [TLS] SCSV vs RI when both specified. Was: Updated draft

Is this why soldiers in the field switch off their accredited certified secure comm gear (which won't talk when things look the least bit funny?) and turn to cell phones? As for them the need to communicate usually does NOT take a back seat.

We are talking hypothetically of course rather than about this particular TLS decision, which might well be the right choice.