Subject: [TLS] Document Action: 'Using SRP for TLS Authentication' to Informational RFC
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
Cc: Internet Architecture Board <[email-masked]>, tls mailing list <[email-masked]>, tls chair <[email-masked]>, RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 13:04:24 -0400
List-Id: "This is the mailing list for the Transport Layer Security working group of the IETF." <tls.lists.ietf.org>

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Using SRP for TLS Authentication '
   <draft-ietf-tls-srp-14.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Transport Layer Security Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Tim Polk and Sam Hartman.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tls-srp-14.txt

Technical Summary
 
   This document adds Secure Remote Password (SRP) based
   authentication to TLS. 
 
Working Group Summary
 
  This document is a product of the Transport Layer Security (TLS)
  Working Group.  The document had significant review and reflects 
  the consensus of the working group.
 
Protocol Quality
 
 Tim Polk reviewed this document for the IESG.

RFC Editor Note

Please replace paragraph 1 of Section 2.1 as described below.

OLD:

   The version of SRP used here is sometimes referred to as "SRP-6"
   [SRP-6].  This version is a slight improvement over "SRP-3", which
   was described in [SRP] and [SRP-RFC].

NEW:

   The version of SRP used here is sometimes referred to as "SRP-6"
   [SRP-6].  This version is a slight improvement over "SRP-3", which
   was described in [SRP] and [SRP-RFC].  For convenience, this
   document and [SRP-RFC] include the details  necessary to implement
   SRP-6; [SRP-6] is cited for informative purposes only.

_______________________________________________
TLS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tls