Re: [TLS] Barry Leiba's Discuss on draft-ietf-tls-session-hash-05: (with DISCUSS)

Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie> Sat, 16 May 2015 17:46 UTC

Date: Sat, 16 May 2015 18:46:38 +0100
From: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>
To: Karthikeyan Bhargavan <karthik.bhargavan@gmail.com>
Cc: tls@ietf.org, draft-ietf-tls-session-hash@ietf.org, The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>, draft-ietf-tls-session-hash.shepherd@ietf.org, Barry Leiba <barryleiba@computer.org>, draft-ietf-tls-session-hash.ad@ietf.org, tls-chairs@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [TLS] Barry Leiba's Discuss on draft-ietf-tls-session-hash-05: (with DISCUSS)

Hiya,

First, I don't think there's much energy for this issue but we
should get it sorted and move on.

So, how about if we add that this updates 5246 and leave it at that?

The meaning there is that anyone who writes a new implementation
of 5246 really ought also do this too.

I don't think there's any possible harm to adding that and doing
so achieves whatever possible good effect there might be from the
addition of any "Updates" relationship.

If I hear nothing, I'll add an RFC editor note to that effect in
a few days and hopefully that'll be sufficient for Barry to clear
his discuss. (Barry, if not, please say what would work.)

Cheers,
S.