Subject: [TLS] Last Call: <draft-ietf-tls-mlkem-09.txt> (ML-KEM Post-Quantum Key Agreement for TLS 1.3) to Informational RFC
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: "IETF-Announce" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2026 13:38:00 -0700
List-Id: "This is the mailing list for the Transport Layer Security working group of the IETF." <tls.ietf.org>

The IESG has received a request from the Transport Layer Security WG (tls) to
consider the following document: - 'ML-KEM Post-Quantum Key Agreement for TLS
1.3'
  <draft-ietf-tls-mlkem-09.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2026-08-13. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo defines ML-KEM-512, ML-KEM-768, and ML-KEM-1024 as
   NamedGroups and registers IANA values in the TLS Supported Groups
   registry for use in TLS 1.3 to achieve post-quantum (PQ) key
   establishment.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-mlkem/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/7227/