Re: [Tm-rid] Making progress to the TMRID charter

Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@mit.edu> Thu, 06 February 2020 17:21 UTC

Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2020 09:20:51 -0800
From: Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@mit.edu>
To: "Eric Vyncke (evyncke)" <evyncke@cisco.com>
Cc: "tm-rid@ietf.org" <tm-rid@ietf.org>, Magnus Westerlund <magnus.westerlund@ericsson.com>
Subject: Re: [Tm-rid] Making progress to the TMRID charter

Hi Éric,

This revision addresses my blocking comment.

I do wonder whether there's a little more wordsmithing to do surrounding
the requirements document work item, to consider the relationship between
"what the IETF says are the requirements" and "what the actual legal
requirements in any given regulatory domain are".  E.g., the requirements
document would attempt to synthesize a common set of requirements that are
expected to generally reflect the problem space, and are shaped by the
various legal requirements, but may/may not directly reflect them.

Thanks,

Ben