Subject: [Drip] Opsdir ietf last call review of draft-ietf-drip-registries-26
From: Jouni Korhonen via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2025 11:18:58 -0700
List-Id: Drone Remote Identification Protocol <tm-rid.ietf.org>

Document: draft-ietf-drip-registries
Title: DRIP Entity Tags (DET) in the Domain Name System (DNS)
Reviewer: Jouni Korhonen
Review result: Has Nits

I am the assigned OPSDIR for this document.

I cannot claim any adequate understanding of the DRIP in general as it was a
totally new topic to me. Anyway, having still read the document I think it is
ready with nits.

Editorial:
* Title "DRIP Entity Tags (DET) in the Domain Name System (DNS)" just don't
understand why using so may abbreviations in th title. I would use at most
"DRIP Entity Tags in the Domain Name System" * The document uses heavily
abbreviations from RFC9434 and RFC9374. Sometimes (in most case) these are
still expanded but sometimes not. Good example is DRIP itself. I would urge
some better consistency with abbreviations. Also, it would be great to state
that abbreviations and definitions of e.g. these two mentioned RFCs are used. *
RAA and HDA 14 scheme is somewhat confusing on the first read. Having a "2 bit
at time" illustrated example somewhere is Section 6.2.1 would be great to show
how RAA gets shifted by 2 bits etc in the final IPV6 address.

Substantial:
* Section 3 second paragraph:
  "delegation.  As such the IPv6 prefix of RAAs are 2001:3x:xxx::/44 and
   HDAs are 2001:3x:xxxy:yy::/56 with respective nibble reverse domains"
  I believe both prefix examples are wrong and should be 2001:3x:xxx0::/44 and
  HDA 2001:3x:xxxy:yy00::/56