[Tmrg] TCP evaluation suite

lachlan.andrew at gmail.com (Lachlan Andrew) Sat, 28 June 2008 18:42 UTC

From: "lachlan.andrew at gmail.com"
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 11:42:00 -0700
Subject: [Tmrg] TCP evaluation suite

2008/6/28 Roman Chertov <rchertov at purdue.edu>:
> Hello Lachlan,
>    I think it would be worth while to include experiments which deal with
> admission of new flows into the current steady state.  Such an experiment
> will allow to examine the impact of the startup stage on the already
> established flows.
>
> Roman

Greetings Roman,

Thanks for your input.  I agree that we need to study arriving flows.
That was the goal of sections 4.3 and 4.4.  Are you suggesting
changing them or adding something new?  We currently don't consider
the impact of "slow start" on long-lived flows; is that what you are
suggesting?

(I hope you don't mind my Cc'ing your good suggestion to the list.)

Cheers,
Lachlan

--
Lachlan Andrew Dept of Computer Science, Caltech
1200 E California Blvd, Mail Code 256-80, Pasadena CA 91125, USA