[Tmrg] How new idea is proposed?

lachlan.andrew at gmail.com (Lachlan Andrew) Sun, 14 February 2010 02:15 UTC

From: lachlan.andrew at gmail.com (Lachlan Andrew)
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 13:15:34 +1100
Subject: [Tmrg] How new idea is proposed?

Greetings Milenkoski A.,

Yes, ideas published papers can certainly be used in internet drafts and RFCs.

An RFC is the end result of a long process.  (The name "request for
comments" is historic.)  The first step is to write an "internet
draft".  Anyone can write one of those, and submit it either
privately, through an IETF working group, or through an IRTF research
group such as TMRG.

However, if your aim is to receive prompt feedback, then simply
sending the idea to a mailing list is probably the best.  Then people
can give you advice about how to go about writing an internet draft,
or what you should do before going through that process.

Please write an email describing the basic idea, and giving the URL of
the published paper or some such, and we can hope it stimulates some
discussion.

Cheers,
Lachlan