[TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] New sub-domains and email addresses

Jay Daley <jay@ietf.org> Fri, 05 June 2020 02:42 UTC

From: Jay Daley <jay@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2020 14:42:55 +1200
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>, IETF Tools Development <tools-development@ietf.org>
Subject: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] New sub-domains and email addresses

For info, the LLC and secretariat are currently consolidating a bunch of admin apps that we have multiple accounts for and restructuring permissions across them and other apps.  To make this easier we are adding some sub-domains - llc.ietf.org and secretariat.ietf.org  - and creating email addresses under those.  There is already noc.ietf.org set up like this and of course tools.ietf.org though that is a special case.

We still have to work out how those email address will be used outside of the context of app access but we might end up with the secretariat using those email addresses instead of @amsl.com.  This also opens the door to LLC staff using email addresses under @llc.ietf.org instead of under @ietf.org but there are still some obstacles to that.

Jay

--
Jay Daley
IETF Executive Director