Re: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Tools Call Notes 2019-04-09

Liz Flynn <lflynn@amsl.com> Tue, 09 April 2019 21:49 UTC

From: Liz Flynn <lflynn@amsl.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2019 14:49:27 -0700
To: Russ Housley <housley@vigilsec.com>, IETF Tools Development <tools-development@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Tools Call Notes 2019-04-09

Hi everyone,

Please see below for notes from today’s tools call.

Liz Flynn
Project Manager / IETF
lflynn@amsl.com

> On Apr 3, 2019, at 12:27 PM, Russ Housley <housley@vigilsec.com> wrote:
>
> Tools Call Agenda -- 9 April 2019 at 1:00 Eastern
>

> 1. Datatracker Projects
>   - Expected Datatracker Releases -- Robert and Henrik
>     -- http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/wiki/MergePlan
>     -- Python2 to Python3 transition

Yesterday’s Datatracker release contained the activity from the Code Sprint at IETF 104.

Rather than the merge plan, we should be tracking the link to the Datatracker plan <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/browser/trunk/PLAN <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/browser/trunk/PLAN>>. The plan has been updated to prioritize transition to Python 3, and there’s only one thing still ahead of that (a structural change to DocAlias). Once that model change is done we will focus on Python 3.

> 2. Community & Other Projects
>   - Deploy website using Wagtail 2.0 and later -- Robert and Matt

Robert: Wagtail deployment was yesterday. It’s a first step toward containerizing the website.

Glen: There are a few minor things to clean up, like http authorization protections for some sections. This is not an issue that could delay opening meeting registration; if anything it would only affect staff access to administrative pages.

>   - Transfer operations of guides.ietf.org the Secretariat — Robert

Robert plans to fully containerize this site so it can be cloud deployed and it is quite likely to be done by the next Tools team call.

> 3. RFC Services Projects
>   - RPC testing of new RFC format tools -- Heather and Robert

The size of things being requested is getting smaller. No big surprises here.

>   - Security Review of RPC Tools -- Robert and Heather

Security review is still on hold. Ideally the test environment will be complete enough before the cutover, but it will be easier to do after the cutover.

>   - Rendering errata in more useful way -- Robert
>     -- Ready for RFP — Portia

An RFP was released yesterday. Mark Nottingham has asked why the tight deadline; we’re just following the schedule that has been developed. If he knows anyone who might have bid but was turned off by the deadline, let us know and we can talk about extending it. Robert will respond to Mark with that message.

> 4. Server Infrastructure
>   - IESG discussions of DMARC -- Henrik and Alexey
>     -- When do we expect the next release of OpenARC?

No news from the ARC folks. Henrik will follow up with them by mail.

> 5. YANG Catalog
>   - Transfer yangcatalog.org to the IETF Trust -- Eric
>   - Transfer operations to the IETF Secretariat -- Eric and Glen

Robert will be taking over the day to day management of the Yang catalog. The transfer can be done anytime.

Glen will do a temporary transfer now and address cleanup of primary accounts later.