Re: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: Planned experiment: A new mailing list for last-call discussions

Henrik Levkowetz <henrik@levkowetz.com> Sat, 14 September 2019 15:28 UTC

To: Robert Sparks <rjsparks@nostrum.com>, IETF Tools Development <tools-development@ietf.org>
From: Henrik Levkowetz <henrik@levkowetz.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2019 17:28:12 +0200

On 2019-09-13 23:08, Robert Sparks wrote:
> For conversation:
>
> Keith Moore is looking for something more than currently proposed for
> the last-call experiment. He'd like to be able to subscribe to messages
> about a given document (or topic) by clicking on things in the last-call
> announcement message, and not get traffic for anything he didn't opt-in to.
>
> Thoughts?

If we can use Mailman's 'topics' feature for this, it would be good.  We'd
still need to write glue code between the datatracker and Mailman to add
and retire such topics, but that seems like a smaller task than writing the
entire functionality from scratch.

The proposed feature seems worthwhile to me.

Best regards,

	Henrik