[Tools-discuss] Access to BibXML collections by wget/rss/rsync

Jay Daley <jay@ietf.org> Thu, 22 April 2021 20:44 UTC

From: Jay Daley <jay@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2021 08:44:47 +1200
To: RFC Interest Group <rfc-interest@rfc-editor.org>, Tools Discussion <tools-discuss@ietf.org>
Subject: [Tools-discuss] Access to BibXML collections by wget/rss/rsync

I am currently supporting the Tools Team PM with planning a replacement for the existing BibXML service and we have a question about the current usage.  The BibXML service is document under the Citation Libraries section of

	http://xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org

and that notes that it is possible to download a collection of BibXML files by wget, rss, rsync and in zip/tgz files.  As far as we are aware the collections stopped updating in January and we are not aware of anyone that maintains a separate public repository that pulls from this one.  Consequently we are considering dropping wget/rss/rsync/zip from the requirements for a replacement service as that would enable us to make more use of generation on demand for some of the less frequently used collections.

Is there anyone out there pulling any of the BibXML collections by any of these mechanisms or do you know of anyone that publishes mirrors of these?

Jay

--
Jay Daley
IETF Executive Director