Re: [Tools-discuss] updating interim meeting with webex

Christian Hopps <chopps@chopps.org> Fri, 03 April 2020 11:37 UTC

From: Christian Hopps <chopps@chopps.org>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2020 07:13:49 -0400
Cc: Christian Hopps <chopps@chopps.org>, tools-discuss@ietf.org
To: Henrik Levkowetz <henrik@levkowetz.com>
Subject: Re: [Tools-discuss] updating interim meeting with webex

Hi Henrik,

Just did an update to the second interim. It generated a pretty unreadable announcement to LSR WG. It looks like it inserted our agenda (which is in HTML) entirely quoted into the email so it looks like a bunch of gibberish.

Also worth mentioning on the experience, not assigning your webex details get's the scheduled email sent from iesg-secretary with a link pointing to a webex room for the WG which simply queues folks up to be ignored while the actual meeting is running. This was bad for us (LSR) as at least one perspective (active) participant did not figure out to check the agenda (or the followup mails) that included the real webex details, and gave up.

The email auto generate function should probably not include a generic link the WG webex account as it does the wrong thing.

I think if the interim scheduling page would have just required me to setup the webex first and provide the details, I would have figured this all out in the correct order, and it would have worked much better. So maybe there shouldn't be an option for leaving the field blank? I dunno.

Thanks,
Chris.