Re: [Tools-discuss] Early preview of upcoming changes to the agenda pages

Nick <nick@staff.ietf.org> Tue, 21 June 2022 19:44 UTC

From: Nick <nick@staff.ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 15:43:50 -0400
To: John C Klensin <john-ietf@jck.com>, Jay Daley <jay@staff.ietf.org>, kivinen@iki.fi, rsalz@akamai.com
Cc: Robert Sparks <rjsparks@nostrum.com>, tools-discuss <tools-discuss@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Tools-discuss] Early preview of upcoming changes to the agenda pages

1) The current version on the sandbox environment only supports large
screens with a fully expanded browser window.
Smaller screens, tablet and mobile sizes are still being worked on.

The goal is to have a dynamic layout that makes sense depending on your
screen size, while still having access to all features.
For example, on mobile, there will be floating buttons at the bottom of the
screen to access the various features.

2) For what information to display, it will be customizable per user via a
new "Agenda Settings" panel (see preview
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuiTIfpc1Mn7hPMuXIy8jS6LjFvj7w?e=pVmmvn). If floor /
group area lozenges are not relevant to you, you can hide them.
Your settings will persist across meetings via your browser localStorage.
The only exception is the agenda note which will be turned back on if the
contents change.

3) As for selectable colors, they would be customizable via the "Agenda
Settings" panel (see screenshot linked above) and can be named to anything
you want (e.g. Important, Interesting, etc.). These colors/tags can then be
assigned to individual sessions in the list. The custom colors / names you
choose would also persist across meetings.

4) The "Now" link in the "Jump To..." section only appears while the
meeting is taking place, hence why it's not displayed right now. Same for
the red line which travels across the list in real time.

5) Some bugs like the time / icons incorrectly showing on 2 lines, or the
non-session events not aligning have been fixed but are not yet deployed on
the sandbox environment.

Thanks for all the feedback so far!

Nick