[Tools-discuss] "Discuss this RFC" (was Re: Datatracker login for errata

Jean Mahoney <jmahoney@amsl.com> Tue, 30 May 2023 14:15 UTC

Date: Tue, 30 May 2023 09:14:54 -0500
To: Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter@gmail.com>, John C Klensin <john-ietf@jck.com>, tools-discuss@ietf.org
From: Jean Mahoney <jmahoney@amsl.com>
Subject: [Tools-discuss] "Discuss this RFC" (was Re: Datatracker login for errata

Hi all,

> Top posting, because basically I agree (the argument about captcha
> vs login required is only the tip of an iceberg). It's indeed a bit
> odd that a site hosting "requests for comments" doesn't have a
> "comment here" button.
[JM] The info page for each RFC has a link labeled "Discuss this RFC"
with a link to the working group or research group mailing list or
stream manager alias (in the case of Independent stream docs). For example:

https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc793 (IESG (Legacy))
https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc3261 (sipcore)
https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9180 (cfrg)
https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9370 (ipsec)
https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9385 (ISE)
https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9318 (IAB)

The info page also provides a link to the RFC's datatracker page ("View
history of RFC NNNN").

Best regards,
Jean