Re: [Tools-discuss] Trial chat services: matrix and zulip

Adam Roach <adam@nostrum.com> Thu, 01 October 2020 19:20 UTC

To: "tools-discuss@ietf.org" <tools-discuss@ietf.org>
From: Adam Roach <adam@nostrum.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2020 14:20:36 -0500
Subject: Re: [Tools-discuss] Trial chat services: matrix and zulip

Off-list reply.

I'm happy to hook you up with the person who did this exact evaluation
for Mozilla when they decided to retire IRC (for many of the same
reasons that the IETF needs to move off of Jabber). The punchline is
that they finally settled on Matrix, but there was a lot of really
detailed work that he did which could probably inform what y'all are doing.

/a