[Tools-discuss] Deletion of unused and broken trac instances

Jay Daley <jay@ietf.org> Sun, 14 March 2021 21:35 UTC

From: Jay Daley <jay@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2021 10:34:58 +1300
To: Tools Discussion <tools-discuss@ietf.org>
Subject: [Tools-discuss] Deletion of unused and broken trac instances

To support Robert as The Tools Team PM, I am working on an RFP to move all the wiki pages in existing trac instances to a new wiki product and all the issues to GitHb repositories.  In preparation for this work, I propose to have all broken and unused Trac instances deleted so that we do not waste resources having those migrated.

- Broken instances are ones that cannot be started by the Trac software.  They may well contain data but as no support calls have been raised since they broke some years ago, I am assuming they are no longer needed.

- Unused instances are those with no edits made and no issues raised.

The following lists have been circulated to the IESG and WG Chairs and one instance moved from one list to another.  Please note: there are multiple examples where a specific WG/Team uses a set of wiki pages underneath inside another wiki, not actual wiki set aside for that purpose, which remains unused.  e.g. genart pages are under the gen wiki not the specific genart wiki, which is unused.

This is just a final check to make sure there are no concerns with this deletion.  Please let us know in the next few days if you do have a concern.

PS There will be a follow up this week about what Wiki product I propose we switch to.

thanks
Jay

1.  List of the broken instances along with an estimated date for when they broke.  24 in total.

Jun 10  2019	ITU-T-CITS
Oct 22  2014	aaadoctors
Jun 11  2019	add
Jul 10  2015	appsdir
Oct 22  2014	genart
Jun 26  2019	iepg
Oct 22  2014	intdir
Oct 22  2014	iotdir
Jun 11  2019	lake
Jun 11  2019	loops
Jun 26  2019	mentor
Oct 22  2014	mibdoctors
Jun 11  2019	mops
Oct 22  2014	opsdir
Oct 22  2014	perfmetrdir
Oct 22  2014	raiart
Oct 22  2014	rsvpdir
Oct 22  2014	rtgdir
Oct 22  2014	sdpdir
Oct 22  2014	secdir
Oct 22  2014	smartpower
Jun 27  2019	tdd
Oct 22  2014	tsvdir
Oct 22  2014	yangdoctors

2.  List of unused Trac instances.  159 in total

16ng
6renum
acme
ancp