Re: Future of the TRADE Working Group

Vadim Fedukovich <vf@unity.net> Sat, 27 March 2004 06:22 UTC

Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 14:22:11 +0800
From: Vadim Fedukovich <vf@unity.net>
Subject: Re: Future of the TRADE Working Group
To: Eastlake III Donald-LDE008 <Donald.Eastlake@motorola.com>
Cc: "'ietf-trade@lists.elistx.com'" <ietf-trade@lists.elistx.com>

Dear Donald,

please let me say thank you first.
It's the great job done, by this group.

Unfortunately, current status of code running in production
reminds me chicken-and-egg problem because of payment methods
available. It was nice to see SET developing and even running
for some time. It makes me do something (Naina tool)
that might work with trading applications.

As I see it now, acquiring banks (at best) provide some
custom black-box tools that runs on "popular" operating systems.
Sometime communities manage to come up with something better
like cashcow.dk

My reason to stay subscribed is to be aware of development (if any)
in this area. Hope it might flourish some day given reasonable
payment solution running

best regards,
Vadim

p.s. the tool mentioned is an open-source implementation
that was tested to run payment session for a well-known
production-grade wallet
http://www.unity.net/~vf/naina_r1.tgz