[tram] Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-tram-stunbis-16: (with COMMENT)

Ben Campbell <ben@nostrum.com> Tue, 17 April 2018 02:11 UTC

From: Ben Campbell <ben@nostrum.com>
To: "The IESG" <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-tram-stunbis@ietf.org, Gonzalo.Camarillo@ericsson.com, Tolga Asveren <tasveren@rbbn.com>, tram-chairs@ietf.org, tasveren@rbbn.com, tram@ietf.org
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 19:11:03 -0700
Subject: [tram] Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-tram-stunbis-16: (with COMMENT)

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-tram-stunbis-16: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tram-stunbis/

COMMENT:

Hi, thanks for this work. For the record, I have mainly reviewed the diff.

General: I think Peter's ART-ART review has some points worth addressing.

§1, last paragraph: This seems out of place. Also, I wonder if it should be
stated more strongly, perhaps with a SHOULD or even MUST.

§3: RFC 8174 offers it's own recommended boilerplate; is there a reason not to
use it?

§6.2.1, third paragraph: " The value SHOULD be considered stale and discarded
after
   10 minutes without any transactions to the same server. "
This is a bit ambiguous. I think it means the value is stale if no transactions
have occurred in the last 10 minutes, But I think it could be read to say that
there should be no transactions to the same server once one considers the value
as stale.

§9.1.4: Does it make sense to signal that "an attack took place" rather than
signaling "integrity protection was violated" and let the human operators
decide if that implies an attack?

§14.3: "A compliant implementation MUST
   be able to parse UTF-8 encoded sequence of less than 763."

763 whats?

§15.3, 2nd bullet: I'm not sure I understand what is meant by "get an updated
external mechanism"