Re: [trill] Two comments on draft-ietf-trill-aa-multi-attach-00

Mingui Zhang <zhangmingui@huawei.com> Thu, 31 July 2014 09:54 UTC

From: Mingui Zhang <zhangmingui@huawei.com>
To: Haoweiguo <haoweiguo@huawei.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 09:54:06 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.111.102.175]
Cc: "trill@ietf.org" <trill@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [trill] Two comments on draft-ietf-trill-aa-multi-attach-00

Hi Weiguo,

Thanks for posting the comments to the list. Let me clarify them.

1. It's possible to design a DF election algorithm to meet the 'single exit point' requirement. It did not become our design due to the complexity. The hashing function is a mandatory function of MC-LAG, we believe it's simpler to make use of it to determine the single exit point.

2. I think we have covered the scenarios about "local bias forwarding procedures" in Appendix a, d and e. This behavior is actually not new staff. Please see paragraph 3 of Section 4.6.1.2 in RFC 6325. (There was ever a lot of discussion about this issue.)

"For all multi-destination native frames, RB1 forwards the frame in
   native form to its links..."

The basic idea is that if there are end nodes that can be reached from local ports, packets should be bounced to these ports rather than hair-pined to these end nodes across the TRILL campus. Since the hair-pin has been cut off by the split-horizon.

Thanks,
Mingui